AMP which stands for Accelerated mobile pages and was first introduced in 2015 by Google and came into action in February 2016. It is an initiative of Google to enhance the performance of web content and ads with the help of a publishing technology known as AMP. This all works through a stripped down code HTML which helps in downloading the web page faster much faster than a regular HTML code. The AMP venture utilizes an open-source structure, implying that it can be utilized by an entire host of different organizations to serve content that has been constructed utilizing AMP HTML, including stages, for example, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google seek AMP, which is huge news for content distributors.
AMP is directly competing with the Facebook instant articles, in which Facebook can host and render distributers content specifically inside their news, encourage, which means the way it works towards survey a bit of substance is substantially speedier than opening the identical website page in a portable program.
The secret behind the brisk working of AMP.
What technology does AMP use?
- Open web Format: – AMP has open web format which means at the point when a standard website page has an AMP partner, a connection to the AMP Page is typically set in an HTML tag in the source code of the standard page.
- Third Party Integrations: – it allows the users or organizations to build features of their own in AMP pages.
- Performance: – The search reports show that the AMP pages typically load the website much faster than a normal HTML code.
Also Read-: Top 5 Effective Features Of Google Analytics
How it impacts the Google Search?
Google will utilize AMP to rapidly serve content on cell phones without clients clicking through to a site to see the substance. For example, the top stories section of Google’s results if displays the result of “satellite” above the news and normal query websites which clearly is beneficiary for the publishers to appear on the topmost searches.
And suppose if there are only 4 websites which provide the content for “satellite” and only one of them uses AMP page then obviously their site will appear in the topmost section.
Drawbacks of AMP
- There are some visual limitations.
- Images won’t be loaded until and unless you click them.
- A CSS’s streamlined version would be required to use AMP.
I do think this would be beneficial for the people who are non-techies.